CPI260™ Products More
User's Guide to the Coaching Report for Leaders
Product Code: 1931View More Details
CPI 260™ Client Feedback Guide for Interpretation
Robert J Devine
Product Code: 1928View More Details
CPI260™ Coaching Report-Advanced Guide
Product Code: 1937View More Details
- Applications: The CPI260™ assessment provides valuable insights that support leadership and coaching, performance improvement, and selection initiatives.
Evolution & Model
The goal of the CPI260™ assessment, which is derived from the full 434-item California Psychological Inventory™ (CPI™) instrument, is to give a true-to-life description of the respondent in clear, everyday language (Gough & Bradley, 2005). The CPI260™ assessment measures 29 distinct psychological constructs grouped into 6 scale categories:
- 7 Dealing with Others scales, focusing on the manner in which social participation is expressed
- 7 Self-management scales, assessing self-discipline and acceptance of societal rules
- 3 Motivations and Thinking Style scales
- 3 Personal Characteristics scales
- 6 Work-Related Measures scales, assessing disposition at work
- 3 High-Order Measures scales, assessing personal orientations
The attributes of the CPI260™ instrument come from the language of everyday life, more specifically from what may be called “folk concepts” (Gough & Bradley, 2005). A folk concept is a construct about personality that all people everywhere use to comprehend their behavior and the behavior of others.
The CPI260™ instrument was designed to assess a sufficient number of folk concepts so that any consequential, recurring form of interpersonal behavior can be forecast, either from a single scale or from a combination of scales.
The tool is helpful for human resource and training personnel, as well as consultants involved in recruitment and selection, executive development and leadership training programs:
Recruitment: Skilled interviewers can ask questions that reveal some aspects of an applicant’s true behaviour, but the CPI260™ instrument, with its validity detectors, provides further insights with extraordinary accuracy.
Cost Savings: The CPI260™ instrument can be administered to large groups of people and computer-scored at very low cost.
Personal Growth: It uses non-technical language and describes behaviour in everyday terms that are easily comprehended.
Anahat's CPI260™ certification aims to provide a clear understanding of the construction and scales of the instrument, as well as proficiency in adminstering and interpreting the results.
The certification program, spread over two days, covers:
- The philosophy, contstruction and development of the CPI260™ instrument
- An understanding of the scales and their meaning
- Classic profiles for various job positions
- Sample sizes, reliability and validity
- Administration, scoring, interpretation, and feedback
CPI260™ Client Feedback Report: Measures personality attributes used to describe professional and personal styles.
CPI260™ Coaching Report for Leaders: Identifies leaders’ strengths and blind spots.
Reliability & ValidityAbundant source material exists for the CPI™ instrument, which enjoys more than 50 years of usage, translations as well as study in more than 40 languages. The CPI™ Manual reports internal consistency (alpha) coefficients for the CPI260™ assessment scales based on a random sample of 3,000 males and 3,000 females, ranging from .54 to .86 with a median of .75. Test-retest correlations for high school students over a one-year interval range from .52 to .73 with a median of .66.
CPI260™ Manual: Describes how to ethically administer the instrument and interpret scores.
CPI260™ Client Feedback Report Guide for Interpretation: Helps you interpret scores and apply results in a business setting.
CPI260™ Coaching Report for Leaders User's Guide: Explains how to interpret and apply results for leadership development.
All of these are available in the Store section of our website.